Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Web Based Tool

My favorite web-based tool that we learned how to use was the wiki. The wiki can be used for not only education purposes but for personal and business purposes as well. I feel that i learned a lot from being taught how to use a wiki. We learned that you can use wiki's to aid you as a teacher, as far as parental help and support for the children, and contact through co-workers/colleagues about daily questions or what may be going on that week.
I also thought that the wiki was a great web based tool to learn how to use because it could be helpful to use as a business promoter or even sales-system. When you make a wiki, it is fair game, meaning that you can write on it and change things yourself when you want to without anyone being able to change or trash your site. So you can put whatever materials, advertisements, and information on it that you want to. This system would be great for entrpreneurs, and people that are just starting to get their businesses off of the ground.
The wiki's were also impressive to me because you can add links to your page from different sites. I know that technology has grown a lot over the past ten years, and pretty much every computer system can create links, but i just learned how to create them on microsoft word and i was fascinated by that so obviously this excites me! I am just glad that i got the opportunity to learn how to function this type of site. I'm not much of a computer person but coming out of this class has really opened my eyes to the fact that this new technology age isnt hard to get into, you just have to learn and be taught how to use the newest gadgets and programs.

No comments: